Thursday, January 24, 2008

A snack you can share


From every direction you get advice about eating right, and eating healthy, and making better food choices. We all KNOW the lines, but really, how many of us can resist that candy bar screaming our names when we've waited in line at the market with an unhappy child (or 2 or 3)? Especially when the kids are the ones yelling for the candy in the isles too! I recently discovered a very very healthy and YUMMY snack for you and your munchkin! I was in Cosco shopping for "stuff" and they were giving out samples of Mrs. May's fruit chips! Wow were they good! They are REAL fruit, no sugar, no preservatives, no additives! Wow! It's just pure freeze dried fruit and it makes a fabulous snack! I like to get my little guy on my lap and rip open a bag, (he loves to play with the bags too!) and then we sit together and share some fruit. Of course, he is still pretty little so he gets very small bits, and that's fine because it leaves more for me- ha ha! There are less than 40 calories per bag with these things, and they just kinda of hit the spot! I'd check them out if I were you. We found ours a Cosco, but there's also the Mrs. May's website if you want to look there. They've got all kinds of delicious stuff! Happy snacking!

No comments: